Call for Paper/Report
As a platform promoting communications from both academy and industry world, BS2023 calls for research papers, project reports and workshop proposals, to best represent the latest breakthroughs in the realm of building simulation.
If you would like to purpose an event such as invited speech or panel discussion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The high quality research work is always the focus of our conference. We use the double-blind peer review. All papers accepted and presented will be published in the Conference Proceedings, which are indexed by EI and open-accessed on IBPSA website. Top-ranked ones (regardless of the presentation type) will be awarded and proposed to top journals for further publication.
The project report is case-focused, best demonstrating an effective application of the building simulation. It could be the report of real-world projects, the work collection of student workshops, or the simulation with actual performance data. On the acceptance of your abstract, you only need to submit an extended abstract. We are expecting 1~2 sessions for this kind of contribution.
Workshops are open for the promotion and education of simulation techniques, in forms of software demo, vendor-sponsored training, panel discussion or student projects. Submissions will be evaluated on a first-come-first-served basis, provided that there is a clear link with building simulation. You need to submit a detailed workshop proposal after the abstract is accepted. All workshops are self-financed.
BS2023 continues to use ConfTool for abstract submission. All authors with an accepted abstract are invited to upload their manuscript (paper, project report and workshop proposal) in the ConfTool system before
March 20 March 27. Please refer to the templates above. Each contribution will be evaluated through a double-blind peer review, scored and subsequently accepted for presentation. The scientific committee reserves the right to classify your work in terms of relevant track, contribution or presentation type.
Check out the following bullets before you continue:
- Please use the templates provided when preparing your manuscripts.
- A PDF version of your manuscript must be uploaded. (<10MB)
- An editable version of your manuscript must be uploaded. It depends on which template you are using (Word/LaTeX). The LaTeX files must be compilable and packed in a ZIP file. (<10MB)
- Please do not include names, affiliations and acknowledgements in your draft for review.
- The submission deadline is
March 20March 27, 2023. (Midnight CST)
If you find any difficulties using the conference system, you may refer to this user guide or contact us.
5 themes × 25 topics
Simulating future metropolis
- Regulations/codes for carbon neutrality
- Urban-scale simulation
- District energy system
- Demand response & interactive grid
- Urban renaissance & cultural heritage
- Parametric/Automatic design
- Active/Passive/Zero-carbon buildings
- Weather & climate adaptation
- Building physics
- CFD & airflow
Smart building systems
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
- Commissioning, diagnostics & control
- Validation, calibration & uncertainty
- Simulation vs. reality
Modeling for the digital world
- Big data & machine learning
- BIM & interoperability
- Advanced modeling techniques
- New software development
- Occupant behavior
- Thermal comfort
- Indoor environmental quality
- Healthy buildings
The author of the accepted research paper or project reports will be invited to present their work during BS2023. The designated types are ORAL and POSTER presentation. Please indicate your preference when submitting the manuscript.
ORAL allows the speakers a 15-20 minutes time slot to present their work during the parallel sessions. It is the most traditional and welcomed way to introduce the research thoroughly. BS2023 continues to be hybrid, but we encourage you to participate in the physical one for a better experience since all travel restrictions to China have been lifted.
POSTER provides a more interactive discussion. There will be poster sessions for you to dive into your research and social networking at the same time. To reach a wider audience, we will provide poster stands/kiosks on-site and on the website. All posters are expected to be attended during the poster session. It is not recommended for online attendees to choose this type of presentation. We will decide whether to use online poster sessions based on the overall preference of participants.
You are required to accept the following conditions during submission.
(1) The author(s) and presenter(s) will automatically grant to IBPSA a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable, and transferable license to publish the abstract(s), research paper(s) and/or presentation(s) and/or digital posters (with unmodified content) in any fashion (including but not limited to inclusion in the Building Simulation 2023 printed and electronic proceedings, via electronic means such as the world wide web, and inclusion in future compilations of presentations, also including online-exploitation via electronic means in order to organize an e-conference, regardless of the accessibility through paying registration). This "nonexclusive" license means that the author(s) are not restricted as to future use of the material except that exclusive rights cannot be granted to another.
(2) The author(s) and presenter(s) grant and assign to IBPSA or its agent the nonexclusive rights to record the presentation at the Building Simulation 2023 conference in Shanghai, China. These rights give IBPSA the unlimited license to use, modify (format, not content), sell and distribute the recorded presentation (including voice of the presenter(s)).
(3) The author(s) and presenter(s) affirm that they have the right to grant the license specified in (1) and (2), that is, publication by IBPSA or its licensees will not be in conflict with existing copyright or other restrictions.
(4) The author(s) and presenter(s) acknowledge that acceptance of the abstract(s), research paper(s) and/or presentation(s) does not imply IBPSA's endorsement of or agreement with the ideas presented. It is understood that IBPSA does not accept responsibility for any content within the abstract(s), research paper(s) and/or presentation(s) that may be found to be libelous, infringing on copyright or other intellectual property rights, invading individual privacy or to be otherwise unlawful. Under no circumstances shall IBPSA be liable for any damages resulting from use of information included in the presentation.
(5) Finally, the undersigned confirms that he/she has the power and authority to make and execute this agreement. For jointly authored works the signing author/presenter signs as authorized agent for the others.