Simulation for low carbon design, low carbon operation and low carbon city.
At Building Simulation 2023, we would like to put our discussions against one societal context: carbon neutralization, which has been the pressing issue of our global development. The main themes therefore incorporate macroscope topics concerned with building simulation as to policy on carbon emission & control, power systems at metropolis level, energy flow among regional cities, or even mining petascale data.
The conference/technical program will continue to bring together the interests of academics and practitioners, and on top of that, we would like to invite policymakers to the game, trying to reshape the path forward. As a tradition, the themes keep expanding the frontier of building simulation techniques, such as the simulation module from system to the city, a better understanding of human factors, AI-assisted decision making, seamless interoperability in modeling and design.
Please check the following themes as our proposed 6 session tracks. You may need to choose only one category per each of your contributions. Topics help you narrow down your specific research area. If not suitable, please contact us.
Simulating future metropolis
- Regulations/codes for carbon neutrality
- Urban-scale simulation
- District energy system
- Demand response & interactive grid
- Urban renaissance & cultural heritage
- Parametric/Automatic design
- Active/Passive/Zero-carbon buildings
- Weather & climate adaptation
- Building physics
- CFD & airflow
Smart building systems
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
- Commissioning, diagnostics & control
- Validation, calibration & uncertainty
- Simulation vs. reality
Modeling for the digital world
- Big data & machine learning
- BIM & interoperability
- Advanced modeling techniques
- New software development
- Occupant behavior
- Thermal comfort
- Indoor environmental quality
- Healthy buildings